My name is Rosalind Love and I am an independent Celebrant based in the Bristol area.
Why I decided to train as a Celebrant
A good few years ago I conducted the naming ceremony for my niece. Afterwards, one of my sister’s friends came up to me and declared:
‘Rosalind, it’s such a darn shame you don’t have a religion, because you’d make a great vicar’
. . . a Celebrant seed was sown.
At that time I could only find reference to Humanist Celebrants, and I wanted something more encompassing. So when I discovered that I could train as a Civil Celebrant, which puts the emphasis fully on a client’s wishes and beliefs, I was sold.
My celebrant toolkit draws on:
- Runner Up Most Promising Family and Couple Celebrant, National Celebrant Awards 2018
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Celebrancy: Naming and Couples (Civil Ceremonies Ltd; NOCN accredited)
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Funeral Celebrancy (Civil Ceremonies Ltd; NOCN accredited)
- My current and extensive experience in professional facilitation and group work, mainly working with social entrepreneurs who come from a diverse range of backgrounds
- University Certificate in Counselling Skills (Network Training; University of Gloucester accredited)
- Creativity – in particular capturing and telling others’ stories
- A longstanding love of presenting and speaking in public
- A natural ability to organise and problem solve
- Attendance at the National Celebrant Convention
- Membership of the Association of Independent Celebrants
“As well as being warm and generally very supportive, Rosalind is highly skilled, showing a great deal of sensitivity and clarity.” Judy, Birmingham
Some of my favourite things
As a celebrant I want to get to know you and understand what makes you tick. In turn, you may wish to know a little about what I love to do alongside my celebrant and facilitation work.
To give you an idea, here are some of my favourite pastimes:
- Gathering friends and family for brunch or board games
- Swimming outdoors – all year round
- Creating beautiful interiors at home
- Walks with my dog, Benny – through Bristol’s green spaces or in wild places
- Watching innovative theatre, circus and dance performance
- Discovering quirky charity shop, flea market and clothes swap finds
- Being on my bike – a great sense of freedom and the best way to whizz around Bristol
I hope that you will find me warm, empathic, sincere and respectful. I will endeavour to provide you with a professional service that provides quality and value.
I look forward to working with you.