My name is Rosalind Love and I am an independent Celebrant based in the Bristol area.
Why I decided to train as a Celebrant
A good few years ago I conducted the naming ceremony for my niece. Afterwards, one of my sister’s friends came up to me and declared:
‘Rosalind, it’s such a darn shame you don’t have a religion, because you’d make a great vicar’
. . . a Celebrant seed was sown. A seed that sprouted a few years later, when I took the plunge and trained as an Independent Celebrant with Civil Ceremonies Ltd. I was drawn to Independent Celebrancy because I have absolute freedom to focus fully on your needs, wishes and beliefs and can be really creative in crafting your ceremony.
My celebrant toolkit draws on:
- Association of Independent Celebrants Celebrant Awards 2021 – Runner Up Couple and Family Ceremonies; nominated Funeral Ceremonies
- National Celebrant Awards 2019 – nominated as Outstanding Family and Couple Celebrant, Outstanding Funeral Celebrant and Most Promising Funeral Celebrant
- National Celebrant Awards 2018 – Runner Up Most Promising Family and Couple Celebrant
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Celebrancy: Naming and Couples (Civil Ceremonies Ltd NOCN accredited)
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Funeral Celebrancy (Civil Ceremonies Ltd; NOCN accredited)
- My extensive experience in professional facilitation and group work, mainly working with social entrepreneurs and community businesses from a diverse range of backgrounds
- University Certificate in Counselling Skills (Network Training; University of Gloucester accredited)
- Creativity – in particular capturing and telling others’ stories
- A longstanding love of presenting and speaking in public
- A natural ability to organise and problem solve
- Attendance at the National Celebrant Convention and the Good Grief Festival
- Membership of the Association of Independent Celebrants
- Basic DBS check in place
- Mental Health First Aider (2021)
“You have that ability to make people feel like they’ve been a friend for life. Such a wonderful quality to have. ” Helen, Bristol
“I am so grateful to Rosalind, one of the kindest people I have ever met.” Janet, Bristol
Some of my favourite things
As a celebrant I want to get to know you and understand what makes you tick. In turn, you may wish to know a little about what I love to do alongside my celebrant and facilitation work.
To give you an idea, here are some of my favourite pastimes:
- Gathering friends and family for brunch or board games
- Swimming outdoors – all year round
- Creating beautiful interiors at home
- Walks with my dog, Benny – through Bristol’s green spaces or in wild places
- Watching innovative theatre, circus and dance performance
- Discovering quirky charity shop, flea market and clothes swap finds
- Being on my bike – a great sense of freedom and the best way to whizz around Bristol
I’ve recently returned from an adventurous sabbatical, working on organic farms and schools in Morocco and France. I can now add milking goats, making cheese and teaching conversational English to my skill set!
I hope that you will find me warm, empathic, sincere and respectful. I will endeavour to provide you with a professional service that provides quality and value. I look forward to working with you.